In light of the upcoming GOP primary in the state of Wyoming, I have some questions about where you stand on issues related to gun rights, and the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. I greatly appreciate your input on this matter, as it will be critical in aiding my decision of which candidate to support.
1. Do you believe that the Constitution is the "supreme law of the land" and that the Bill of Rights acknowledges our birthrights?
2. If so, should these rights be proactively protected from infringement by all levels of government, including city, county and state?
3. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider constitutional.
4. Please give some examples of gun laws you consider unconstitutional.
5. Does the right to bear arms include the right for any peaceable citizen to carry them concealed without a permit, as in Vermont?
6. Do you believe that Americans have a right to own, use and carry weapons of military pattern, and will you use the prestige of elected office to publicly promote that right?
7. Do you support or oppose registration of weapons? Why?
8. Do you support or oppose licensing requirements to own or carry firearms?
9. What specific gun laws will you work to get repealed?
10. If elected, will you back your words of support for firearms rights up with consistent actions? How?
The questionnaire itself comes from David Codrea at The War on Guns, and is available here. A tip of the hat goes to Top of the Chain for directing me to the original survey.
I'll keep you posted on any and all replies I receive, and intend on sending the same questions to the candidates for the state legislature from my district.