Monday, September 13, 2010

Three Full Mags, And My Swinging Cod!

Had to retire my 4043 this weekend, at least for the time being.  Bex and I went to an excellent range in Salt Lake (Get Some Guns & Ammo) and she made up her mind about her upcoming purchase of a carry gun, but that's her story to tell, not mine.

We were shooting at 5 yards, and with the gun she wants to buy, I dumped a full mag into the head of a silhouette target at 5 yards, in quick order.  I picked up the 4043, and couldn't group worth a damn.  Just to make sure it wasn't me, I loaded the 1911, and put 8 rounds in a 4" circle at that range, and with a quickness.  Back to the .40, and back to garbage shooting.  So, back to the 1911, at least until I wring the S&W out.  With winter coming on, I'm not too worried about packing the big gun, and 2 spare 8 round mags don't leave me feeling undergunned compared to a single spare 11 rounder.  I'll probably end up selling the S&W, and maybe even buying a twin to what she's buying, so we can share ammo and mags, which is always a plus.

(Actually, I'm carrying more ammo now than I was before.  3 8 round mags, plus one in the chamber, makes 25, as opposed to 2 11 round mags plus one, for a total of 23.)

Thank God for spare guns.

Lokidude

(If you don't get the title, I feel sorry for you.  Say 10 Hail Joss Whedons, and pray to Adam Baldwin for forgiveness.)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I'm a commie hippie liberal so I feel as though I may be excused from understanding your gun terminology. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a shirt that says "Jayne is my role model." Yep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bluesun, where did you find it? I must have one!

    Sarah, go and watch Serenity. You can thank me later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was on Cafe Press, but I don't know if the shop that was selling it is still around. It must have been 5 years ago.

    ReplyDelete