Friday, August 9, 2013

All I need is to learn to sail...

And I can already hold my own in small motorized craft.

It seems that MIT (Yes, THAT MIT) has a program in which one can become a certified pirate.

It appears the course involves training in “pistol, archery, sailing, and fencing.”  If you've been here for long, you know I know pistols.  I haven't shot my bow in a couple years, but I can hold my own well enough with it.  I've got a foil and glove in the garage, awaiting the return of my old fencing partner, and an ultimate goal of learning saber as well.  But not epee.  That's just some nonsense.

I've never run anything with sails on it, but I own a small motorboat, and have driven plenty of others, up to and including a large tour boat on Lake Okanagan (it's amazing what you can get away with if you're friendly and willing to ask...)  I guess I need to get one of my friends to give me instruction in the older ways of travel, though.

Arrrr!

Lokidude

No comments:

Post a Comment