Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Wedding Guns

There's a little undercurrent in the gunny world, with regards to the topic of "Wedding guns." Not a shotgun wedding, but actual firearms involved in a wedding that mean something special.

Wedding guns can take many forms. For some, it's a gift given to welcome a new family member.

For some, it is a beautiful and practical replacement for jewelry.

For me, it's a little different. I bought my wedding gun myself, because I wanted something different, unique, and a touch gentlemanly, I guess. While making my regular circuit of the local shops, I happened across the perfect gun to fill that bill.

Colt 1903 Pocket Hammerless

Click to embiggen.


I might get up a couple other pictures after I blur the serial. Said serial, BTW, dates the gun to approximately 1913. Just shy of 100 years old, and runs like a top. Yeah, .32ACP isn't any kind of massive defensive cartridge, but I really don't care. To paraphrase Obi Wan Kenobi, it's "an elegant weapon for a more civilized age." I'll probably end up making the holster for it myself, as good dress holsters for century-old guns can be a bit troublesome to find.

I look forward to wearing it under a tuxedo coat.

Lokidude

1 comment:

  1. Gun looks nice, so very you. I hope you have a great Christmas. :) -Sarah

    ReplyDelete