Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I promised myself I'd get this up tonight.  I have much to be thankful for this year, and sometimes, I need to see it written in front of me to realize it.

I'm thankful for the cold and wind outside, because my walls keep it out.

I'm thankful for good food, and good friends, and I hope to be able to visit as many as possible in the coming year.

I'm thankful for my parents, and my brother, and my aunts and uncles and my cousins, for once again showing me that, while we put the fun in dysfunctional, we are family, and nothing can break that.

I'm thankful that I was raised to believe that rest and peace are important, and that letting someone go isn't cold and heartless

I'm thankful for the newest addition to our family, because he's fun and furry and keeps life interesting.

I'm thankful for my new in-laws, who have accepted me into their family readily and seamlessly.

And most of all, I'm thankful for my wife, who has stood beside me through so much change and chaos, and who continues to do so.  I'm thankful for the woman who makes me want to be better, not because she demands it, but because she's worth it.  I'm thankful I have a wife who wants to do anything she can to help me in a crisis, but understands that sometimes, all that you can do is sit back and let things happen.  I'm grateful to be married to a woman who is hard working, and ambitious, and responsible, but who enjoys getting away from it all, camping and fishing, and the occasional spontaneous flight of whimsy.  I truly don't deserve her, and I'm thankful that she hasn't yet realized that.

Lokidude

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have so much to be thankful for, and I'm also really glad you are aware of it! Too many people don't really appreciate how good they have it.

    ReplyDelete