Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A moment of realization

Between a discussion over on The Gun Counter, and learning of the death of a friend of a friend, I inadvertently stumbled across what will someday become my epitaph:
Life is short.  Living is dangerous.  We are fragile.
 I'm not really worried about dying anytime soon, and I really don't want to sound morbid, but the above is the realization I've recently reached.  However, instead of making me depressed, I view it as inspiring.  Because, knowing that it is truth, I'm reminded that I need to do more than just metabolize oxygen and sugar.  I need to get out and LIVE.  I need to spend more time fishing with my brother and my dad, and worry less about my own mortality.

And that, I'm realizing, is a refreshing freedom.

Lokidude

No comments:

Post a Comment